Sunday, May 21, 2017

"Diet" - (I dislike that word!)

Of course I had to say a little something about "diet". You can work out all you want, but if you continue to eat unhealthy, it isn't going to be as good of an experience.

Now, as I said, I don't like the word diet. It reminds me of removing something and maybe you like that something.  Most of the time if you remove something you like, say, chocolate, you end up craving it. Which is why I don't remove everything from what I eat.

Mike and I stopped drinking pop (Coke for you southern people and soda for you out west!) about two months ago. Sugar addiction is a hard thing to beat. You crave it all the time. Mike has more of an issue with this then I do. I stopped drinking coffee recently because of the sugar. I am sticking to water with lemon in it and maybe a few servings of milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast in it.

We took out pork, with the exception of some ham for sandwiches. We went way down in our meals with hamburger in them. We started buying and eating more chicken and fish. Fruits and vegetable for sides. Still eat rice. All the bread we buy is whole wheat. Still eat Mayo and butter. Real butter.




2 comments:

Search This Blog